‘How to overcome anxiety’ is a billion dollar question to the people who dispatched by it. Anxiety happens from many general feelings like angst, worry, panic attack, mental stress, pressure and so on. However, here are a number of effective and scientifically backed tips to manage anxiety.
DIY Tips for Anxiety Management
- Kick out stress: Stress is the mother reason for different mental diseases including anxiety. It’s said that stress is omnipresent. You are facing stress at home and office, your kids in the school, and your spouse? Thus, stress then turns into anxiety. To manage anxiety you have to kick out your stress first. Identify the triggers, work on them and take control over anxiety.
- Have a healthy night’s sleep: Stress and other daily hazards can cause sleep disorders like insomnia. Patient with insomnia can’t sleep well at night. And inadequate sleep leads you to the anxiety. Try to have a healthy and continuous night’s sleep. It can improve your anxiety for the most part.
- Don’t be so mean: Laughter works as a great tonic for anxiety while meanness can push you to the imprecation of anxiety. Not only in the anxiety laughter results excellent to reduce stress, panic attacks, depression, and other mental disorders. So, to handle your anxiety don’t be so mean, laugh out loud.
- Organize your day: A study shows that anarchical and unorganized daily life may cause anxiety. An organized day can give you a great flow in work and in daily life. Rise early; plan your day; control your anxiety.
- Regular physical exercise: If you ask which one is the best tip to control anxiety? I would say doing regular exercise is one of the best health tips to tame your anxiety. Physical exercise increases blood flow in the body, raise the oxygen levels and release body friendly endorphins. Studies report that physical exercises for a certain time in a day can significantly improve the intensity of anxiety.
- Body relaxation matters: You can practice some relaxation techniques to control the severity of anxiety. Yoga, meditation, breathing exercises etc. are the recommended body relaxation techniques for anxiety.
- Say no to stimulants: Drug abuse, alcohol addiction, and smoking are considered as the significant reasons for anxiety. More than 50% of your anxiety may produce from these habits. If you really want to get rescued from the anxiety say no to all stimulants.
- Healthy diet: People with all types of anxiety and mental sickness should concentrate on their daily diet. They should eat healthy and body friendly foods. Some foods and beverages (Caffeine, tea, carbonated drinks) can trigger insomnia. And they all should be avoided. The recommended foods are fresh vegetables, fruits, grains especially complex-carbs.
Anxiety Management Using Herbs
- Chamomile Tea: A great herb chamomile can help to improve lung and liver health. It reduces nervousness and stomach irritations. Taking chamomile tea daily may help control anxiety.
- Aromatherapy for anxiety: Therapists sometimes suggest taking aromatherapy for anxiety. There are some natural essential oils such as rose oil, sandalwood oil, jasmine etc. widely used in aromatherapy for anxiety treatment. You can apply it at home. Just put a few drops of any essential in a handkerchief. Inhale the aroma throughout the day.
- Passion flower: Passion flower is a popular herb used to treat a severe type of anxiety, insomnia, muscle tension and so forth. Passion flower is available as seeds, supplements, and powder in the nearby drug stores. A capsule supplement can be taken to control anxiety.
- Kava: Kava is a great herb extensively used to treat different chronic diseases. A study has shown that Kava herb is impressive for treating insomnia, relieving stress, curing panic attacks and importantly outstanding for anxiety.